Thursday, October 8, 2015

Laughing "All By Myself"

                                    

Laughing with myself...or at myself! I suspect many people do not laugh at themselves enough. I know I don't. I laugh when I find myself doing something ridiculous or remembering something funny and I will laugh until I cry watching a funny movie. But I don't do it enough. Yes I laugh with friends, family and Laughter Yoga Fun groups which might, or might not be, every day but my goal is to increase my solo laughter as well.

Laughing by yourself, for no reason, might seem silly. Personally I think that is the whole idea as it brings back the silliness we had as children. And as I am laughing by myself, the only one to see me being silly, is me! Growing up often means we lose our ability to play and act silly, after all, we have to be "grown up". I start by laughing while doing those mundane things I don't like doing. Don't like loading or unloading the dishwasher??? Laugh as you put a dish in or take it out...I can be hysterical by the time I am done. If mowing the lawn is on your list of don't likes, laughing as you go could make time fly, and who knows, you might even start a new trend in the neighborhood!

And if you become really good at laughing by yourself and want to send us a video, check out our Solo Laughter page on Laughter Yoga Fun.
 








No comments:

Post a Comment